The structure of the meetings:-
- Monthly meeting at 7:30am Tuesday morning in Surgeons room on Ward 1.
- A subject for presentation is chosen the month before, with one or two speakers being picked
- Each speaker is given one or two specific articles to review and present.
- Prior to the meeting each speaker is to liaise with Len Funk or other relevant Consultant as to the approach to the topic and the relevant literature sources
- The speaker reviews the relevant literature articles. The recent and most relevant articles are chosen, either on the basis of historical importance or from the clarity of the specific message given.
- The articles are emailed to all Fellows at least one week before the meeting.
- Each article review is presented in a predetermined specific format for the JBJS - see example here
- The above is done in WORD document format and sent to Len Funk by e-mail for adding to the Fellows section of the Wrightington website.
- You can use the detailed structured checklist as a template for your critique